Care of the Director, IT Integration and Clinical Transformation, Henry Ford Health System:
We (Henry Ford Health System) needed to create new processes and strategies
Our Epic Training organization was struggling with the enormity and complexity of a rapid big bang Epic Implementation. We needed to create new processes and strategies to not only meet the demand of implementation for 24,000 employees, but also needed to develop an entirely new onboarding process to expedite the training and security access provided for all new hires within HFHS once live. This was a huge task and Tim Shell was a critical part of our successes over the last year.
Tim was an essential member of our team. He brought forward best practice approaches, identifying and removing barriers, and providing proactive thinking. Consequently, we were able to resolve issues before they began. His follow through and attention to detail was excellent.
Quick Stats on HFHS
- Henry Ford Health System consists of six hospitals, many medical centers and group practices.
- It includes more than 1,200 physicians practicing in over 40 specialties.
- The Henry Ford Hospital itself is a Level 1 Trauma Center.
- HFHS is the fifth-largest employer in metro Detroit, employing more than 30,000 employees.
- In 2010 it reported that 113,000 patients are admitted to their hospitals annually.