Succession planning, together with succession management, saves the cost and time external personnel searches require. Succession planning improves employee morale and reduces the adverse effects of re-engineering and downsizing. Most importantly, it creates a diverse talent pool within your organization. This workshop guides you through the process for setting up a succession planning program; application tools and activities to implement succession management; and, finally, benchmarking and evaluation procedures for your plan.
Succession Planning Workshop Outline
LESSON 1: Succession Planning: An Overview
- Succession Planning in Contrast to Replacement Planning
- Succession Planning: The True Meaning
- The Importance of a Dependable Plan
- In Effect, Creating a Climate for Leaders
LESSON 2: Identifying Key Positions
- The Circle of Leadership
- Evaluating Individual Performance
- Evaluating Overall Team Performance
LESSON 3: Defining Core Competencies
- Defining Responsibilities and Functions
- Understanding Competencies
- Talent Pool Identification
LESSON 4: Identifying Key People
- Performance Reviews
- Selecting Your Dream Team
- Performance vs. Potential: 9-Box Assessment
LESSON 5: Developing Learning Paths
- Preparing Professional Development Plans
- Professional Development Plans and Competencies
- Supporting Long-Term Coaching
LESSON 6: Measuring Success
- Overview of Accountability Process
What People are Saying About the Workshop
I feel the handouts and activities done in this class were better than in any other classes by other providers.
On the whole, the training I received today was very helpful. For instance, the handouts, slides and activities used can reach all types of different learning styles.
This training was more advanced and in-depth with better course material than my previous trainings. Very good instructors and also great hand-outs.
The training was both thorough and applicable. In particular, it provided the knowledge needed to help prepare my department for succession planning.