Overall, this communication skills workshop primes you in the art of communicating. To begin with, you learn the importance of interpersonal skills for becoming an exemplary leader. Then you will practice conveying authenticity by keeping verbal, vocal, and visual communications consistent.
During the workshop you will practice the nine behavioral skills of interpersonal communication. Further, you will learn to promote habits to optimize interpersonal effectiveness. This content is essential whether you are currently in a leadership role or aspire to be a future leader.
Communication Skills Workshop Outline
LESSON 1: Keys to Effective Communication
- Believability is Particularly Important
- Effects of Words and Tone, in addition to Body Language
- The Communication Process Overall
- Communication Barriers Specifically
- Empathy - After All, Showing Your Audience You Care Matters
- Being Clear, Concise and Consistent
- Confidence - While not a Skill, is Critical
LESSON 2: Developing Habits
- Both Building and Sustaining Behaviors
- Accountability and Pursing Feedback
- Chasing Change
LESSON 3: Active Listening
- How to Win Over Your Audience
- Listening for Understanding
- The Four Keys to Actively Listening
LESSON 4: Communication In Conflict
- Preparing for a Difficult Conversation
- The Framework for Improvement
- Seeing the Other Side
LESSON 5: Psychological Safety in Communication
- Developing Emotional Intelligence in Communication
What People are Saying About the Workshop
I finally understand that communication is critical. For this reason, exploring all of the ways a message could be misconstrued is something I think about each day.
Following the communication course, I try to understand my team more. It is important to realize that each person is different and go about their business differently.
I now provide undivided attention during meetings—no cell phone, move the computer screen and provide good eye contact.