This communication skills workshop strengthens your ability to communicate with insight. To begin, you learn the importance of interpersonal skills for exemplary leadership. You will practice authenticity by keeping verbal, vocal, and visual communications consistent.
In addition, you will engage with the nine behavioral skills of interpersonal communication and learn to integrate habits that optimize interpersonal effectiveness. This content is essential whether you are currently in a leadership role or aspire to be a future leader.
Communication Skills Workshop Outline
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: OVERVIEW
- The Overall Relevance of Communication
- Defining the Communication Process
- Identifying and Handling Communication Barriers
LESSON 1: KEYS TO EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION
- Ethos – Credibility
- Words, Tone, and Body Language
- Confidence vs. Arrogance
- Pathos – Appealing to Audience Emotions
- Logos – Logic
- Clarity, Conciseness, and Consistency
LESSON 2: DEVELOPING HABITS
- Building and Sustaining Positive Behaviors
- Accountability and Feedback
- Changing Behaviors
LESSON 3: ACTIVE LISTENING
- The Importance of Active Listening
- Listening for Understanding
- The Four Ways to Practice Active Listening
LESSON 4: PSYCHOLOGICAL SAFETY IN COMMUNICATION
- Developing Emotional Intelligence in Communication (Development Road Map)
What People are Saying About the Workshop
I finally understand that communication is critical. For this reason, exploring all of the ways a message could be misconstrued is something I think about each day.
Following the communication course, I try to understand my team more. It is important to realize that each person is different and go about their business differently.
I now provide undivided attention during meetings—no cell phone, move the computer screen and provide good eye contact.